Welcome to BEMO, Carol! Carol Bubar has joined BEMO as our newest team member and we couldn't be happier. Carol works as our Operational Excellence Manager, ensuring that BEMO runs as beautifully as a Swiss watch. Carol will be working closely with the entire team, optimizing sales and engineering operations to ensure that our customers are happy and we achieve all of our long and short-term initiatives.
A little about Carol:
Carol joins us from Redmond, Washington. She's lived in the state since she was 5 years old and loves being a Northwesterner (she even attended the University of Washington. "Go purple and gold!", says Carol). Family is super important to Carol. She and her husband, Bob (who is also her partner in creation and adventure - see below!), have 3 wonderful children (2 daughters and 1 son), and are the proud grandparents to their 2 year-old granddaughter.
Carol and her family in Washington:
Carol is a bit of a jack of all trades and creative to boot! She is an avid and accomplished quilter and maker of all things textiles. She hand sews her quilts, which if you know anything about quilting, is quite a feat! A lot of her designs incorporate fabrics she's collected on her extensive travels, making each piece a unique memory. Carol and Bob (who is an amazing woodworker!) have a site showcasing their talents called Asymmetric Atelier. Carol's creativity finds its way into everything she does from her garden to her award-winning Christmas light displays.
When she's not creating, Carol loves to travel and spend time outdoors. Walking the Camino de Santiago and traveling to New Zealand are next up on her bucket list but she's always happy to spend time close to home in her favorite place on earth: the Oregon Coast.
Carol and Bob in Switzerland:
Some fun facts about Carol:
- What’s a secret talent or fact about you that no one knows? We have been a host family for many exchange students
- What was your first job? I taught gymnastics all through high school. After college I started my career at Hewlett-Packard in San Diego.
- What’s one food you eat every day? Cheese
- What was the best concert you ever attended? Worst? Best: The Police since it was my first concert, Worst: Dave Matthews at the Gorge because the weather was dreadful
- If you could be any animal, which would you be? A sloth because they are so darn cute
- What’s the last book you read? Factfulness
- What’s the best meal you’ve ever had? Shabu Shabu in Hawaii
- Who would you want to swap places with for a day? Simone Biles – she is such a talented gymnast – I would love to experience her fabulous abilities.
- What’s the strangest family tradition or personal tradition you have? Our family is a little crazy when it comes to decorating with Christmas lights.
Welcome to BEMO, Carol! We are so lucky to have you on our team.