>Our biggest beta update yet has finally been rolled out! What an amazing week for our development team, they have really kicked some butt this time!
Best of all, we have finally realized our new UI! We really hope that you will notice and appreciate the improvements. We believe that the new BeMo interface is a lot clearer, easier to navigate and understand exactly what BeMo – Project Intelligence is all about. Once again, we can’t thank you enough for all your feedback! You have all been amazing by giving us your honest opinions and sharing your cool ideas.
And as always, please feel free to share your opinions on the new site design in the comments section below, or on our Facebook page if you are so inclined.
As far as other improvements go, well we’ve also fixed up the following:
- Log In and Sign Up. We have now truly simplified the entire process. All that is required now is just your name and e-mail address – that’s it. With that, you can navigate our market place, sign up for BeMo news and buy BeMo products.
- Project Professional 2010. You can now take full advantage of Microsoft Project Professional 2010 on BeMo hosting. You can download the trial version of MS Project Pro from the Microsoft web site, sign up for the Beta of My BeMo, and publish your project directly on the Project Server Instance. Pretty darn quickly you can unlock the full power of Microsoft Project Server 2010 and Microsoft Project Professional 2010!
- Project Professional 2010 via Terminal Services. In case you don’t want to spend the $900 USD retail price on Microsoft Project Professional 2010, but you still want to use Project Professional, we have a solution you can use right now! Introducing Project Professional 2010 via Terminal Services. This solution will allow you to keep MS Project Pro running on our BeMo servers and then access it via a Terminal Services session. It will have the same look and feel as if it was installed on your computer. On top of this, you benefit by only paying a small monthly fee instead of the one-time $900 retail cost.
- Sign up Wizard. Based on all of your feedback, we have tried to remove all the undue complexity surrounding PWA, Project Professional, Terminal Services, etc; as well as all the specific Project jargon used on the site – a language that seems to only be understood by us self-proclaimed Microsoft Project “geeks”. To achieve this, we have created what we call our “Easy Sign Up”. Now, when signing up for BeMo services, you will be taken through a wizard where you will only have to answer ‘Yes/No’ questions. Please try it and let us know what you think!
- Worldwide monitoring. As we mentioned last week, we now have a system that monitors BeMo’s server uptime, page load speed, and more from more than 50 locations around the world. In the coming weeks we plan to link the uptime data straight into our BeMo Network Status page. You will be able to connect via RSS feed, which means that you will always be alerted if any of your servers happen to be unavailable. Stay tuned for more information on this!
So…how are we going to improve on this mighty fine Beta 1.5 update? Well, in the coming week, we are going to:
- Polish the site. We still need to tweak the overall design and standardize our colors and graphics for a clean, consistent look and feel. As well, our marketing and web design teams will double check all the web pages for missing or extraneous content and get picky with our grammar!
- Simplify – then simplify some more. We will go through all our user scenarios and make sure that we keep simplifying the process, steps and text so that everything is as clean and intuitive as possible to use.
As a team, we are getting more and more excited about our own product because we are geting closer, day after day, to the MS Project ease of use vision we are trying to create!
If everything continues at the speed we are going now, we should be only weeks away from shipping our first official version of a My BeMo offering from BeMo Project Intelligence – even if that means that we still have more than a few late nights and pots of coffee to go before our shipping party!